TOEFL writing. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayuko

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
TOEFL writing. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support.

I agree with this idea that children’s parents can be the best teachers in a life. Of course, the thing I learned from a teacher in a school is important for children especially at the scene of entrance examination of the university. On the other hands, the things my parents has taught me is more useful for me to live in a free world.

In my experience, my parents has told me that I should be such a good person for people around me as giving helpful hands towards those who are in need, taking care after myself, or learning the difference of others. Technically the roll between my mother and father is quite different for me. My mother has always taught me a little thing, for instance, cooking, sewing, cleaning or even giving me advice about date. On the other hands, I could have learned from my father how much important hard work and compromise is in order to success in one’s life. I can talk a lot and share my private things with my parents so that I can freely ask for advice them when I have some problems, then moreover usually they give me most suitable advice because they have already what kind of person I am.

According to my suggestion above, in my opinion, parents can surely become the best and closest teacher for people. It is certain that a teacher in a school also help children recognise their identity or teach them how much important studying hard for children’s future career. But commonly before going to kindergarten, almost children’s identity has shaped based on parent’s education. Their education will exist almost in the rest of children’s life, and in addition be helpful at work, even in marriage or in society. (295)

Thank you for your reading.
Moreover I don't have confidence about everything related to TOEFLessay in many respects. If you have some time to revice this, please leave your advice about my essay.

Last edited:

rhapsomatrics

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
My parents "have" not "has"

Mayuko

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Thank you! When I write next essay, I follow your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.