Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Forgive me but I'm Italian and I have difficulty to perceiving the function of the word "ware" in everyday life. I found a similar question here but the responses do not meet my needs. My goal is to create a smartphone app where you can enter an inventory of objects of our daily uses. Through a functional search engine will then can look up the stuff that's been posted. For this the name of the app: "WareApp" The first thing that came to my mind was 'domestic warehouse', hence the word Ware. I hope these two photos can give a good idea:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm not so far to publish the App but I'm in time to change name and graphics and now my mind has brought forth these questions: is it the right name? will be misinterpreted? Is there something better like Stuff, Article, Record, Object?
Please help, this is not spamming the App is not in the store and also it will be free for anyone. Thanks a lot.

Please note: On another website, I was determined not to use the word ware: isn't appropriate even though it may still be used. Among the different alternatives offered there is GEAR, I would also like to know something about this. Thank you very much

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
This thread is also receiving answers here.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Once you've had several responses on the other forum, please let us know if you are still confused and why. After that, we'll see if we can make it clearer. Right now, having two forums working on the same question is just wasting the time and effort of at least one of the forums.

Steve Rogers

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Once you've had several responses on the other forum, please let us know if you are still confused and why. After that, we'll see if we can make it clearer. Right now, having two forums working on the same question is just wasting the time and effort of at least one of the forums.

I apologize if I caused confusion. I can't think that all people attend all forums on which I wrote, for this reason I am facing more possible sources in order to get a response more and more clear. This morning I decided to adopt the term Stuff that I consider (now and thanks to you all) more appropriate.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
StuffApp could be misconstrued IMO. As a verb to stuff something is to reject or trash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.