Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Please how do oyu say in english: Nos gustaría contar con tu presencia?

Please consider that your attendance in the online kick-off event is not mandatory but we would like very much to count with your presence ??

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please How do oyu you say in english: "Nos gustaría contar con tu presencia" in English?

Can I say "[Please consider that your attendance in the online kick-off event is not mandatory but] we would like very much to count with your presence"? ??
No. For a start, we say "count on" to mean "rely", not "count with". You've translated direct from Spanish. Unless you've been told you have to give an almost verbatim translation, I'd say something like "... but we hope we can count on your presence" or, less formally, "we'd love to see you there". Context will dictate how formal or otherwise it needs to be. Who are you writing this for and why?

Bear in mind that not all our members speak any Spanish so if you ask a lot of questions like this, you might not get many responses. I suggest that you simply give us the English sentence you want to use and we'll tell you if it's natural or not.

JGDesiree

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Thank you for the feedback.
If it is a formal message, do you think is it appropiate to keep the message like below? It sounds natural or not?

Dear all,

I have just sent a google invitation for our online kick-off even - September Intake, which will take place on September 7, 2023.
Please consider that your attendance is not mandatory. But we hope we can count on your presence.

Best regards,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for the feedback.
If it is a formal message, do you think is it appropriate to keep write the message like below? Does it sounds sound natural or not?

Dear all,

I have just sent a Google invitation for our online kick-off evening for the September intake, which will take place on September 7, 2023.
Please consider note that your attendance is not mandatory no full stop here but we hope we can count on your presence.

Best regards,
See above.

As a general rule, we discourage learners from trying to start sentences with "but", "and" and "or". Whilst it is possible to start sentences with those words, you have to have a really good grasp of when it's appropriate.

Also note that "Best regards" is one of those phrases we tend to see only from non-native English speakers. I suggest you stick with "Regards".