Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

Flowers are thriving in the field she gazed upon. Thus time wends its way. But still my eyes are not dry of the tears I've shed.

20201231.jpg

Is she gone or dead? If so, how about she once gazed upon?

Is she gone or dead? If so, how about she once gazed upon?

When you love someone truly and deeply, sometimes even she has gone or passed away so long, you still can feel her with your fingers when you are alone in the place where you had so many sweet memories with her. Looking at the green and the red of the plants in Van Gogh's painting, it seems so familiar to me and time seems to be coming back. I am lost in the moment as if my love is still there standing beside me talking and laughing... time is lasting forever, and so is my sorrow.

I'd use once there.

I'd use once there.

You mean: Flowers are thriving in the field she was once there. Is that right? The most important thing is: for me, in my heart, every time I look at the field, she is still there and never leaves, gazing upon the place. People call it memory, sometimes it is so sad for me...

Last edited:
When you love someone truly and deeply, sometimes even though she has gone or passed away you still can feel her with your fingers when you are alone in the place where you had so many sweet memories with her. Looking at the green and the red of the plants in Van Gogh's painting, it seems so familiar to me and time seems to be coming back. I am lost in the moment as if my love is still there standing beside me talking and laughing... time is lasting forever, and so is my sorrow.

Note changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back