- 1 Post By emsr2d2
Ways to look
I have a bit of difficulty understanding where to use these verbs 7
Peer, peep, glimpse, glance, squint, gaze, stare, glare
1. He glared at me in anger and i was afraid.
2. He only caught a glimpse of the thief so he couldn't describe him to the police.
3. He had lost his glasses so he was peering at everything at day.
4. She gazed out of the window but she couldn't see anything throw the mist.
5. She peeped around the bedroom door to see if the children were asleep.
6. She squinted at her watch and realized she would be late for work.
7. She gazed herself at the mirror admiring her beauty.
8. He stared at her in disbelief when he told him the news.
Re: Ways to look
Originally Posted by Christin93
By notletrest in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 05-Jul-2010, 04:40
By Volcano1985 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 24-Sep-2009, 11:10
By aous02 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 01-Jun-2009, 17:18
By Offroad in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 26-May-2009, 17:56
By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Apr-2007, 16:08
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO