- 3 Post By bhaisahab
- 1 Post By bhaisahab
Put articles where necessary:
1. Are John and Mary _______ cousins?
2. This is _______ worse film I have ever seen.
3. He was _______ matter of _________ life or ________ death.
4. ______ Tower of _______ London is one of ______
oldest and most famous of all London's many buildings.
5. ________ Mr. Smith is _______ old customer and _______ honest man.
6. She's _______ pretties child I've ever seen.
7. Would you like ______ cup of _______ coffee?
8. _______ National Theatre is in ______ centre of _____ Belgrade.
This is _______ same dress I wore yesterday.
10. Which cinema do you prefer: _________ Odeon or ________ Tuckwood?
1. no article
3. a, no article, no article
4. the, no article, the
5. no article, an, no article
7. a, no article
8. the, a, no article
10. no article, no article
Last edited by bagzi94; 28-May-2011 at 16:33.
I'm not sure about Tuckwood, but both Swan and Murphy say it's the Odeon (they say the names of cimenas usually go with the definite article). We teach the same here Could you please comment?
No, I wasn't saying anything about the films; I had the place in mind. Perhaps it's not that important.
In BrE we say The Odeon, The Gaumont etc.
Originally Posted by Verona_82
2. This is _______ worst film I have ever seen.
By sebayanpendam in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 17-Mar-2010, 20:37
By *zaizai~love* in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 30-Oct-2008, 23:06
By samfat33 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 06-Sep-2007, 21:23
By siruss in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Mar-2007, 16:13
By njanja in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 27-Oct-2004, 02:21
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO