See above.Hi everybody,
I have a silly question. I know it
maybemay be a simple question but I'm not sure if it's grammatically correct so please could anyone tell me?
1. May I ask what it mean? Incorrect.
2. May I ask what it means? Correct.
3. May I ask what does it mean? Incorrect.
4. May I ask what that mean? Incorrect.
5. May I ask what that means? Correct.
Which of the above sentences are correct?
And for no.4 & 5,I think that 4 and 5 are they'reboth correct because "that" can imply both singular or plural nouns, am I right?
No. "That" is the singular. "Those" is the corresponding plural.
- For Teachers