- 1 Post By Chicken Sandwich
These are cloze questions taken from a national English test in my country.
1. Although we have a large number of students, each one receives _____ attention.
I chose C but the answer is D. Now come to think of it, I suppose "individual" is a better option since "separate" might imply each student is taught/treated differently, while "individual" only means the teachers will pay attention to everyone without leaving anybody out.
However, I still believe "separate" is still a possible choice thus leaving it there is a little bit unfair?
2. Nowadays, with the help of the computer, teachers have developed a ____ approach to teaching.
The answer is B. I guess the word "computer" does hint to the answer, but just as above, I want to ask whether C is also a possible answer.
NOT A TEACHER
1. D is the correct answer. See also individual - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online, #2. "Individual" and "attention" are very commonly used together in this context.
2. B is the correct answer. Yes, the the word "computer" suggests that they have developped a multimedia approach to teaching. A multimedia approach to teaching would involve computers and computer programmes. "Multilateral" doesn't make much sense because it doesn't say anything about the computer. 2 [ only before noun ] belonging to or intended for one person rather than a group : Children get more individual attention in small classes. You can have the bathroom designed to suit your individual needs . individual portions of jam
By keannu in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 01-Jun-2012, 08:58
By 羡鱼-Xianyu in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 19-Oct-2010, 09:05
By sitifan in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 23-Feb-2010, 07:15
By shinji002 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 20-Sep-2007, 15:55
By NewHope in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 25-Aug-2004, 07:58
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO