A title for movie release on DTH plaform
This is about release of a movie on DTH platform one day prior to its release in theaters. Can you please help me find which one is right or, is wrong and why of the following 3 options.
1. coming to your home before theater
2. coming to your home before theaters
3. coming to your home before the theaters
4. coming to your home, even before the theaters
My take on the above 4 is as mentioned below.
1. theater should be plural, rest is correct
2. is correct as per me.
3. I feel usage of 'the' is not required as 'theaters' is generic and doesn't require an article before it as there is no differentiation intended.
4. same as 3rd sentence, we could have done without article 'the'
Please guide if I am wrong on above.
Last edited by vicktor; 07-Jan-2013 at 16:09.
Re: A title for movie release on DTH plaform
I wouldn't say that the article is wrong in 3 & 4- it makes it clear that it is all theatres.
By wenL in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 03-Jul-2012, 21:43
By wenL in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 03-Jul-2012, 17:09
By Dready in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 16-Aug-2011, 08:51
By Wesley Pessoti in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 29-Jul-2011, 02:55
By Eureka in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 25-Apr-2009, 09:40
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO