Since a few years Iíve been studying English language on my one. And I would like som
Since a few years Iíve been studying English language on my own. And I would like some correction or suggests of a rewritten text. Thanks a lot.
1. When Jonathan Seagull joined the Flock on the beach, it was full night.
2. He was dizzy and terribly tired. Yet in delight he flew a loop to landing, with a snap roll just before touchdown.
3.When they hear of it, he thought, of the Breakthrough, theyíll be wild with joy. How much more there is now to living!
Instead of drab (1) slogging (2) forth and back to the fishing boats, thereís a reason to life! We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free!We can learn to fly!
(1) (lacking brightness or interest; drearily dull: The landscape was drab and grey. Her drab suburban existence.
(2) (to slog (slogs, slogging, slogged)[I] [no object] work hard over a period of time: They were slogging away to meet a deadline
The years ahead hummed and glowed with promise. The gulls were flocked into the Council Gathering when he landed, and apparently had been so flocked for some time.
They were, in fact, waiting. ďJonathan Livingston Seagull! Stand to Centre!Ē The Elderís words sounded in a voice of highest ceremony. Stand to Centre meant only great shame or great honour.
1. Imaged a seagull, called Jonathan, flying back to his community late at night.
2. Arriving rather dizzy and tired, the joy of his recent accomplishment was so great that he took a few loops with a snap roll before touching down.
3. These fly techniques how were much spoken of amongst seagulls, but which had never been achieved before, would certainly make his fellow birds enthusiastic about . How much more there is to live for now.
4. Even when he comes to think of all those days filled with struggle and the need of feeding himself, would certainly change him altogether into other creatures with a free will.
By TomUK in forum Teaching English
Last Post: 20-Feb-2013, 10:52
By starr in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 06-Nov-2012, 08:41
By banderas in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 28-Oct-2008, 00:22
By Snow Lau in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 04-Jun-2005, 14:28
By red rose in forum Editing & Writing Topics
Last Post: 30-Nov-2004, 12:18
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO