I have put some suggestions after each sentence. There are some comments in brackets; a few suggest alternate wording that could be correctly used if you prefer it. The rest are simply my comments and requests for clarification.Hi all,
Would somebody please help me with the sentences?
1. I am delighted to hear that (organisation 1) and (organisation 2) are discussing on the issues related to advertisment and labelling.
Maybe, "I am delighted to hear that X and Y are discussing their issues related to advertising and labeling."
2. I hope the discussion will provide better outcomes for both parties as enforcement of advertisements are challenging and complicated as we see with this advertisement.
"I hope this discussion will lead to better outcomes for both parties, since the enforcement of advertisements [could you explain what this phrase means?] is quite challenging. This is especially the case with the most recent advertisement [or "advertisement A."].
3. The advertisement may violate sect 9 as the claim "the cheapest" is appeared in the advertisement and it also may not adhere to labelling guideline as the same claim is displayed in the label.
"This advertisement may violate section 9, since the claim "the cheapest" appeared in it. In addition, it may not adhere to labeling guidelines either, since the same claim is displayed on the label."
4. At the moment I am working with advertisements from the (country 1) and (country 2), truly, I always has disagreement with other researchers as advertisements and their regulation can be interpreted differently by different people. It depends on how the readers read them.
"At the moment, I am working with advertisers [or marketing firms] from country 1 and country 2. I disagree with the other researchers, because advertisements and their regulation can be interpreted quite differently by different people. It all depends on the audience."
5. Just to let you know that I will be in (country 3) in Sept. If needed, please let me know if you wish me to do any presentation on consumer right or my research work in your department. I am happy to help.
"I plan on being in country 3 during September. Please let me know if you wish me to give any presentations on consumer rights or my research for your department. I will be happy to help."
6. Although the claim is printed on the box the product, the photo of the box and the claim does clearly appear on the advertisment and it can be read by readers and may mislead them.
"The claim is printed on the box, and the claim is clearly visible in photos of the boxed product. The claim can easily be read by our readers [is this a technical term?] and may mislead them." [I found this a bit confusing to read and hope I got it right; perhaps you could clarify?]
7. I am assuming that Y is also prohibited by them.
"I am assuming that they also prohibit Y."
- For Teachers