- 1 Post By Anglika
Description of a project
Could you be so kind as to check and proof read my EN summary of a project (enclosed below)? Thank you very much!
The contest Businesswoman of Slovakia was launched in Slovakia in 1999 by National Agency for Development of Small and Medium Enterprises in co-operation with Top Centrum Podnikateliek.
The main idea of the project is to award successful women in business and their ability to establish their companies firmly at the market. Their position, in comparison with male entrepreneurs, is more difficult since most of the them are responsible mothers that have to synchronize their personal and professional lives. Lastly, the project aims to showcase the best businesswomen in Slovakia and to motivate other women not to be afraid to start up their own business or develop existing enterprises.
The competition is designed for start-ups (women that has been doing business for a minimum of 12 months up to 3 years) as well as for the well established companies (those that have been in operation for more than 3 years). Furthermore, in 2007 a new category was introduced – Successful Sole Trader. Generally, the main eligibility criteria is the property share - a female entrepreneur has to be a sole owner of a company or must own at least 50% of the shares.
Throughout the past eight years, almost 400 businesswomen strived to gain the prestigious title “Businesswoman of Slovakia”. Each year, the candidates are selected against the following criteria:
- business success in terms of the economic performance,
- clear idea about the future development of a company,
- craving to hit higher goals when developing business; purposeful building of the goodwill, endurance and attempt to stand out,
- benefits brought into a region by a company,
- non-conventional way of doing business, innovative attitude towards the business plan execution,
- synchronisation of a personal and professional life,
- application of the principles of the Ethics Code.
- secured market for own goods and services,
- high quality and professionalism,
- exceptional standard of a customer care,
- social programme for employees.
Furthermore, in order to secure the objective evaluation of candidates, the members of the committee personally visit each applicant. The winners are determined according to the total number of points received from the committee members.
Interestingly, over the last two years, the committee has decided to award one female entrepreneur with an extra prize - the SPECIAL MENTION OF THE JURY. Last year, the prize was granted to a protected workshop since this kind of company employs handicapped people.
Re: Description of a project
Originally Posted by marvan
Re: Description of a project
thank you so much for your time and the corrections!
By brennan in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 25-Jun-2007, 18:37
By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 29-Mar-2004, 08:54
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO