Need help at collecting ideas, tomorrow oral test :(
tomorrow I've a group discussion at school as a taste of the upcoming oral test in 1 month. The discussion tomorrow is about "Should students work to get some extra money? - During Sunday afternoon your family has met to discuss about taking a job to earn some extra money".
My role is the oldest son (22) who wants to buy a car. He goes to University and wants to work during term-breaks.
Has anybody some arguments for my role?
I have to discuss in a group out of 5 people, (Mum, Dad, Me (22), little brother (18), little brother (13)). (So children vs. parents).
I found just these arguments for my role:
- Work experience
- More independent
- I'm old enough with 22 to decide by my own
- I don't need to borrow always the car of my parents
- I have more money to spend
- My parents don't need to support me so much like before
- I get an impression how the work I do is
-> Important for my working-life, that I know this is sth what I like / like not
- I have to start to handle my life slowly by my own
Has somebody more ideas? Some counter arguments against arguments of the parents would be also helpful.
Thanks for help!
Re: Need help at collecting ideas, tomorrow oral test :(
- Real-life experience in your field of study (everyone wants job candidates that have worked in their field, universities don't provide enough opportunities for this)
- promise to keep regular study times/ not to neglect studies
By Mehrgan in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 23-Jun-2009, 14:06
By Bmack in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Aug-2008, 22:13
By Noego in forum Teaching English
Last Post: 12-Aug-2007, 15:55
By dawnw in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 16-Jun-2007, 07:30
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO