Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I know that a Mother's day is a correct way of writing and then if someone like me writes a Mothers' day, do you native English speakers understand it the same as a Mother's day or differently from it? And if it means a different one, what is it?

Thank you so much as usual and have a good day.

I know that a Mother's day is a correct way of writing and then if someone like me writes a Mothers' day, do you native English speakers understand it the same as a Mother's day or differently from it? And if it means a different one, what is it?

Thank you so much as usual and have a good day.

First of all, no article (a) before Mother's day. Were I to see it written as "Mothers' Day, I would understand it and recognize it as an error.

Thank you so much for the clear and fast reply and I have another question for you.

Mother's generation / Mothers' generation

I think that in this case, the latter one is a correct way of writing. Is there a reason or a meaning difference between them?

Thank you so much for the clear and fast reply and I have another question for you.

Mother's generation / Mothers' generation

I think that in this case, the latter one is a correct way of writing. Is there a reason or a meaning difference between them?

Without a context, it is impossible to choose. In the first case, Mother is singular; in the second it is plural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back