Diary - Two weeks ago, My mother bought a bunch of colourful tree leaves for decoration.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Two weeks ago, My mother bought a bunch of colourful tree leaves for decoration. We took a lot of photos of them. This afternoon, I saw a tree looked familiar so I got close to read the name tag of it. To my surprise, the tree is called 'Revolution Gold' and our leaves come from this type of tree. The tree was still green and yellow but the leaves in my home is red and brown and green. I suspect that was my leaves dyed? Or was it came from a country that was already cold enough to turn the leaves brown?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Two weeks ago, my mother bought a bunch of colourful tree leaves for decoration to decorate our house.

We took a lot of photos of them. I don't see how this is relevant.

This afternoon, I saw a tree that looked familiar so I got close enough to read the name tag of on it.

To my surprise, the tree is called 'Revolution Gold' and our the leaves my mum bought came from this type of tree.

The tree itself was still green and yellow but the our leaves in my home is are red, and brown and green.

I suspect that was my either our leaves have been dyed no question mark or was it they came from a country that was already cold enough to turn the leaves brown.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo Are you saying that the trees in Hong Kong have name tags?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
@Maybo Are you saying that the trees in Hong Kong have name tags?
Only some of them have. Usually they can be found in parks owned by private companies or the government.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The name tag thing is new to me. So is buying leaves. (In Charlotte the leaves don't turn pretty colors like they do in New England.) I have never heard of Revolution Gold before.

P.S. I looked it up. It looks something like an elm tree, I think.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two weeks ago my mother bought a bunch of colorful leaves for decoration. We took a lot of photos of them. This afternoon I saw a tree that looks familiar, so I got close to read the name tag.

Abe: What's that tree called?
Bob: It's a weeping willow.
Abe: Are you sure?
Bob: Yes, but if you want to you can read the name tag. That's what it will say.
Abe: Name tag?
Bob: Yes, these trees have name tags on them.
Abe: Name tags? Are you serious?
Bob: Yes, I should know. I'm the one who put the name tags on them.
😄