Diary - A couple of weeks ago, I bought a cactus.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
c95c0684-8050-4067-90ce-53af84fa7ace.jpeg
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a cactus. That kind of cactus can only make seeds with a different cactus’s flower. I don’t have another one so I thought I wouldn’t got any seeds. However, last week, I found out that its dry bud had seeds in it. I think it had been pollinated in the shop or somewhere else. I was very happy and sowed them. Now I have my own grown cactus babies! I hope they will grow healthily.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say: "I thought I wouldn't get any seeds."

Delete "grown" from my own grown cactus babies".

Say: "I hope they do well" or "I hope they thrive".

Be careful not to overwater them.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a cactus . That kind of cactus can only make seeds with of a species that can be pollinated only by a different second cactus’s flower pollen. I don’t have another a second one so I thought I wouldn’t got get any seeds. However, last week, I found out that its dry bud had seeds in it. I think it had must have been pollinated in the shop or somewhere else. I was very happy and sowed them the seeds. Now I have my own homegrown cactus babies! I hope they will grow healthily well.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How about: ...of a species that can only produce seeds/propagate by cross- pollination?