Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi,
I am looking for some synonyms for the words crew/group both in Brittish or American slang. Are there any?

Thanks in advance.

In AmE, your "crew" or "group" could also be referred to as your gang, your homies*, your homeboys*, your friends, your buddies, or your peeps*.

*These are all slang terms, but they'll usually be understood by most folks.

Of those, peeps was used in the UK a few years ago, but I can't say whether it's fallen into disuse now. Homies/homeboys didn't get used much.

Of those, peeps was used in the UK a few years ago, but I can't say whether it's fallen into disuse now. Homies/homeboys didn't get used much.

As an aside, I must confess that I privately chuckle when today's young hipsters think that they are oh-so modern and cool by referring to their friends/acquaintances as their "peeps," because I'm ancient enough to remember the same word used in the same context back on a 1967 episode of Dragnet.

As an aside, I must confess that I privately chuckle when today's young hipsters think that they are oh-so modern and cool by referring to their friends/acquaintances as their "peeps," because I'm ancient enough to remember the same word used in the same context back on a 1967 episode of Dragnet.
Your video clip brings back many fond memories of the 'Dragnet' TV show, Ouisch! :up: "The story you are about to see is true! The names have been changed to protect the innocent!" :cool:;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back