I'm from Israel and I learn to become an English teacher. I have a task in one of my courses regarding the EFL curriculum in other countries. I would highly appreciate it if those of you from non-speaking English countries could answer the following questions briefly:
1. In what grade do children start learning English in your country?
2. What are the expectations from pupils in each grade/stage in terms of knowledge and competencies? i.e. what is the goal/goals of your English curriculum?
3. What are the base priciples for the curriculum?
4. What teaching methods and tools do you use?
5. Do you plan and prepare each lesson seperately or do you plan units of lessons?
Any insight on other topics are most welcome as well!
Thank you so much for your help
By YAELAHA in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 02-Nov-2009, 16:34
By sublimer28 in forum Teaching English
Last Post: 22-Jul-2009, 02:21
By ian2 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 19-Apr-2007, 19:23
By hochengcheng in forum Teaching English
Last Post: 20-Jun-2006, 07:27
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO