- 1 Post By BobK
Please help!!!!... ESL or Bilingual teachers
Here are the interview questions. Let me know your name, city, school, and grade you teach. Specify if you teach ESL or Bilingual Education. Your help is greatly appreciated. I know these questions are extensive, the instructor wants 25 questions.
ESL or Bilingual Education Teacher Interview
ESL or Bilingual:
1. How many years have you been teaching ESL?
2. In the beginning of the year, what kinds of assessments are given to help plan instruction?
3. What kinds of assessments do you give for Grammar?
4. What kinds of assessments do you give for Vocabulary?
5. What kinds of assessments do you give for Reading Comprehension?
6. What kinds of assessments do you give for Listening Comprehension?
7. What kinds of assessments do you give for speaking proficiency?
8. Do you give aptitude tests?
9. Do you give placement tests?
10. Do you give diagnostic tests?
11. What are some problems of assessing communication in a second language?
12. What subjective and objective testing techniques do you use?
13. What methods do you use to develop English Pronunciation and Listening to spoken English?
14. What methods do you use to develop Syntax and Semantics?
15. In your class is spoken English the principal objective in language learning?
16. What classroom activities and skills for reading have you implemented in the classroom?
17. How do you start teaching writing to second language learners who have no knowledge of the English script?
18. Do you use cooperative learning in your classroom?
19. Do you use sheltered instruction or SDAIE?
20. What specific school and community resources are available to your second language learners?
21. What strategies do you use to build linguistic continuity between the home and school to support studentís social and cognitive development?
22. Is there any particular theory of second language acquisition that influences your teaching methodology?
23. How do you plan for differences in prior learning and in studentsí differences in cognitive learning styles?
24. How do you link the Standards to your types of assessment and instructional planning?
25. Is there anything else that you would like to emphasize or let me know that can help me understand what it is like to be a teacher of ESL or Bilingual Education?
Re: Please help!!!!... ESL or Bilingual teachers
I'd be very surprised if anyone had the time or interest to answer this. Why should anyone spend 2 or 3 hours answering a bunch of questions in order to get a job teaching who knows who who knows where for who knows how long on who knows what terms?
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Or are you simply asking whether the questions are grammatical?
By yea. in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 08-Oct-2008, 20:05
By hjo in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 23-Jul-2006, 08:17
By teachermrswan in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 01-Oct-2005, 09:50
By anika11 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 25-Sep-2005, 03:50
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO