Whom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it in formal speech and writing, both, as well as when speaking to someone who I think expects to hear it :oops: , like TOEFL students and colleagues who adhere to prescriptivist traditions

I drop it in if I think the other person expects it as well. ;-)

Does it matter if use "who" instead of "whom" in every single place where "whom" can be used or should be used... .while speaking....

thank you..!

Nowadays WHO is used instead of WHOM.

Last edited:
I've stopped using whom.

Dear Friends,

This is my first post in this forum. I think I reached at the place where I can learn a lot about English.

Could any body explain me the points mentioned in the question? I mean whait is meaning of formal writing or formal speaking?

Thanks,
KbGold

Dear Friends,

This is my first post in this forum. I think I reached at the place where I can learn a lot about English.

Could any body explain me the points mentioned in the question? I mean whait is meaning of formal writing or formal speaking?

Thanks,
KbGold
Hi,

Every language has differents levels of use. Each occasion requires a different level.

The words, and the speech patterns we use while talking with friends at the pub are not the same we use while sitting for a job interview.

Job interview: formal
Pub drinking: informal/slang

I always read it & use it everywhere

because my teachers prevent us from using any informal word :-(

These messages are written by whom and read by whom?
do this sentence include any errror?

thanks very much for the efforts you 've been making to achieve a perfect English.

yes like you ...
I myself avoid using whom in either formal or informal situations except when it comes after a preposition.

I use it more in writing, less in speech. It is true that now more people use "who" instead of "whom".

Hi!

I use whom whenever it is necessary and required. In my country, English language exams are taken seriously and we are supposed to use this pronoun correctly ; we always have to know and demonstrate the difference between who and whom.

I used to use whom whenever it's possible in communication. But I don't think that if you use who instead of whom it means you are using slang. Am I right?
Because nowadays people kept chasing time, so they want to speak economically and quickly by any means.

If you are a non-native speaker, it's better to keep using whom instead of who, or else we might get confused... Just my opinion though ;-)

I use it in formal writing and speech.

Hello, I'm 'The French,

I prefer use the word 'that' it's more easy.

What is the difference between which and whom?

Thank.:?:

" This is the girl whom i met last night"

is the usgae of ( whom ) in the above sentence is correct..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back