Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Canada
Unlike any other person, Eric Walters clearly understands the mind of misunderstood
people due to his own experiences. Therefore, his background as a teacher, social worker and
author is undoubtedly not surprising. As an author, Walter’s past life, occurrences and, views
have evidently affected his fiction.
Born in 1957, Eric grew up in a very troubled neighborhood in Toronto. Eric has learned that
to escape, he had to sacrifice for money. As a young boy, Walter realized that freedom was
money. Learning the cold reality of life, he almost gave up the dream of being an educator.
His hardship and political views have been exhibited by character “John Fuller”. Described as
A“workaholic”, John would wake up at 5 in the morning and work countless hours to provide
for his family. In “We All Fall Down”, Eric has provided so much insight on liberty. He
knewhow the economic world works and what would make people respect us. “Buy low, sell
High”. Throughout the book, Eric clearly sent a message to the new generation; money isn’t
everything but sure is close. According to CM magazine, his point of view is that, “the purpose
isself-promotion”. During his young adulthood, the work ethic he had led him to great
opportunities which was demonstrated through John’s complex, high class job. “Instead of
finding an excuse to fail, find a reason to succeed.”Eric explained to CM magazine.
But, Eric had overworked himself to the point where his personal life was completely
forgotten. “People have told me that I was going to burn myself out” he told to University of
Manitoba. He never had time for“fun”, Eric was too busy writingand contacting various
readingcompanies. Having found fortune and fame, he lost the really important things in life
(such asfamily) which is proven through John.Even when John stayed home, his mind was still
on work. John was never there during Will’sTeens. It took a do or die situation to realize how
strained the relationship really was. “Business has taken me away more than it should have.
Sometimes even when I’m home “.
With age, Eric has much wisdom on life. Having his own share of problems, Eric has poured
out his heart out to the novel and made the conflicts to be from his beliefs, perspective and
own affairs. Growing up, Walter was raised by a single parent and felt neglected. According to
quillandquire.com, he “came from a poor single-parent family”. To unmask
his true hardship, Eric has put a strained relationship between “Will” and “John Fuller.” Will
stopped believing in John’s promises and held a grudge. Needless to say, Eric related to Will
because they were antagonistic, reluctant and hostile towards their father. No matter how hard
John tried to compromise and make Will understand, he was still unconvinced. “Lots of talk
From him didn’t mean much; work would always be more important than anything or anybody
Else”. From the voice of Will, Eric showed his anger to his dad. Even though the father-son
Bond was never fortified for understandable reasons, the pain he faced as a child couldn’t heal.
Lastly, his own experience as an author has affected his writing. As every reader knows, “We
All Fall Down” was based on the tragic 9/11 incident. Residing in Mississauga, Eric didn’t find
out of the tragic news until his wife has told him over the phone. In a state of shock, he felt
as if the whole world needed to know more. “Not able to fully understand the tragedy, my
soul and my psyche were too distracted, too troubled and too disturbed.” Making matters
worse, he had friends that lost loved ones due to the horrific event. “They were atrocities
against all good-thinking people.” Being a speaker at many schools, he has been asked many
questions as to if he was ever going to write a story of 9/11. He wasn’t sure if “he could ever
put in to words what he witnessed.” 3 years later, thinking of how he was in a state of denial
all came back to him. He needed people to know the truth behind 9/11. “They needed to know
more. And maybe I needed to write the story, my way, in my words.” Eric explained in the story.
In conclusion, Eric’s writing style has been affected by his adolescence, perspective, struggles
and encounters. Walter hasn’t forgotten about his roots and the confusing life of the youth.
Having written over 50 novels, he has done great things. Clearly, failure is the mother of success.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Unlike any other person, Eric Walters clearly understands the mind of misunderstood
people due to his own experiences. Therefore, his background as a teacher, social worker and
author is undoubtedly not surprising. As an author, Walter’s past life, occurrences and, views
have evidently affected his fiction.
Born in 1957, Eric grew up in a very troubled neighborhood in Toronto. Eric has learned that
to escape, he had to sacrifice for money. As a young boy, Walter realized that freedom was
money. Learning the cold reality of life, he almost gave up the dream of being an educator.
His hardship and political views have been exhibited by character “John Fuller”. Described as
A“workaholic”, John would wake up at 5 in the morning and work countless hours to provide
for his family. In “We All Fall Down”, Eric has provided so much insight on liberty. He
knewhow the economic world works and what would make people respect us. “Buy low, sell
High”. Throughout the book, Eric clearly sent a message to the new generation; money isn’t
everything but sure is close. According to CM magazine, his point of view is that, “the purpose
isself-promotion”. During his young adulthood, the work ethic he had led him to great
opportunities which was demonstrated through John’s complex, high class job. “Instead of
finding an excuse to fail, find a reason to succeed.”Eric explained to CM magazine.
But, Eric had overworked himself to the point where his personal life was completely
forgotten. “People have told me that I was going to burn myself out” he told to University of
Manitoba. He never had time for“fun”, Eric was too busy writingand contacting various
readingcompanies. Having found fortune and fame, he lost the really important things in life
(such asfamily) which is proven through John.Even when John stayed home, his mind was still
on work. John was never there during Will’sTeens. It took a do or die situation to realize how
strained the relationship really was. “Business has taken me away more than it should have.
Sometimes even when I’m home “.
With age, Eric has much wisdom on life. Having his own share of problems, Eric has poured
out his heart out to the novel and made the conflicts to be from his beliefs, perspective and
own affairs. Growing up, Walter was raised by a single parent and felt neglected. According to
quillandquire.com, he “came from a poor single-parent family”. To unmask
his true hardship, Eric has put a strained relationship between “Will” and “John Fuller.” Will
stopped believing in John’s promises and held a grudge. Needless to say, Eric related to Will
because they were antagonistic, reluctant and hostile towards their father. No matter how hard
John tried to compromise and make Will understand, he was still unconvinced. “Lots of talk
From him didn’t mean much; work would always be more important than anything or anybody
Else”. From the voice of Will, Eric showed his anger to his dad. Even though the father-son
Bond was never fortified for understandable reasons, the pain he faced as a child couldn’t heal.
Lastly, his own experience as an author has affected his writing. As every reader knows, “We
All Fall Down” was based on the tragic 9/11 incident. Residing in Mississauga, Eric didn’t find
out of the tragic news until his wife has told him over the phone. In a state of shock, he felt
as if the whole world needed to know more. “Not able to fully understand the tragedy, my
soul and my psyche were too distracted, too troubled and too disturbed.” Making matters
worse, he had friends that lost loved ones due to the horrific event. “They were atrocities
against all good-thinking people.” Being a speaker at many schools, he has been asked many
questions as to if he was ever going to write a story of 9/11. He wasn’t sure if “he could ever
put in to words what he witnessed.” 3 years later, thinking of how he was in a state of denial
all came back to him. He needed people to know the truth behind 9/11. “They needed to know
more. And maybe I needed to write the story, my way, in my words.” Eric explained in the story.
In conclusion, Eric’s writing style has been affected by his adolescence, perspective, struggles
and encounters. Walter hasn’t forgotten about his roots and the confusing life of the youth.
Having written over 50 novels, he has done great things. Clearly, failure is the mother of success.

Is there a question here?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Was there a need to quote all that again?

If you want us to edit your text, Ineedhelp, please say so and post it in the Editing & Writing Topics forum.

I'll move it there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.