Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it correct to use "as a result" in the following order in the sentence below?. Other alternatives are appreciated.

"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, he got one the most successful people in that field."
"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, getting one the most successful people in that field."

Thanks.

Last edited:
Your meaning is not clear.

#1 comes closer to being grammatically correct but needs a semicolon after 'way'.

Is it correct to use "as a result" in the following order in the sentence below?. Other alternatives are appreciated.

"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, he got one the most successful people in that field."
"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, getting one the most successful people in that field."

Thanks.

Are you trying to say that he became "one of the most successful people" or that he obtained one?

Are you trying to say that he became "one of the most successful people" or that he obtained one?
Yes. I didn't notice my typing error. Thanks for notifying me.

Yes. I didn't notice my typing error. Thanks for notifying me.

You haven't answered my question. I think you probably meant "became" rather than "obtained", in which case "get" is not an appropriate verb.

You haven't answered my question. I think you probably meant "became" rather than "obtained", in which case "get" is not an appropriate verb.
Sorry. I don't know how I didn't notice your question. Yes I meant "became" for sure. Thanks for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back