So let us, unobtrusive and unnoticed,
But happy none the less,
Be privileged to fill the air around us
With happiness;

To live, unknown beyond the cherished circle,
Which we can bless and aid;
To die, and not a heart that does not love us
Know where we're laid.

What are the woman's way of life in Annie Louisa Walker?
How does the poet define "women's rights"?

Last edited:

smart_learner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
i have to do a seminar on this that's why i asked this question

i have already analysed the poem:
Annie Louisa walker was a British born novelist who carried her thought of liberation through her poem “WOMEN’S RIGHTS”. The poetess advocates that women should be allowed to purse their ideals and goals.she also tells about us the noble qualities of women.According to her the world cannot rob them of their rights to cherish that vision.People cannot turn away their thoughts.Women’s heart portrays the bright picture of a “Woman’s Mission”. They dwell silently under the house roof. Thus they lead peaceful life.They don't take part in the conflicts of the outside world.they are separated from the hard divisions and harsh voices.Men should not ignore their thoughts. Generally, men do not mind the sufferings of women. The women do not like to waste their lives sleeping in hateful dreams and useless thinking. Instead, they like to march ahead with a brightness of the ideal home.Humble plants on the road side hedgerows preserve coolness and make for pouring rain. They also give the world the fragrance flowers. Similarly women make the home bright and decoration with their love and skill.Though women live lonely life they are very happy. They do not want to get false famous. They are the backbone of a family and endear themselves to everybody.They care and share the blessings to their dear and near. When they meet death, they do not want outsiders know where they are buried.thus the poetess succeds in making the readers believe in the equality and nobility of women's powers.

please give me a feedback about my analysis.also please let me know if there is anything wrong in my analysis.dont forget to give me any tips on improving this writing

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We cannot help with homework, assignments or preparation for seminars or lectures. It is important that you do the work yourself. When it is over and you receive your feedback (or score/mark), you can come back to us if you don't understand any of the comments or feedback.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.