Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I am a Chinese student,I am an English major ,this Thursday our class will have a introduction speech.I prepared one, could you please help me to check if there exists some errors? Or could you please give me some advice about how to make an introduction?Thank you so much!(Please understand if there are errors in these sentences : ) )

Introduction
Hello everybody, I’m very glad to stand here and give you a short speech. I guess there is always a problem exists in the world .It will appear on any occasion. That’s to introduce yourself. When I meet the question, I often talk about two things.
The most significant one is who I am and what my name is. As you can see, there is a girl standing in front of you. And my English name is June, you know “June” this name is made up of four words. They are J.U.N.E.I think the “J” is symbol of “Jocular”, ”U” is “upright”, ”N” is “normal”, ”E” is “easy-going”. So this the meaning of my English name.
The second and also the last one is my character. I’m a Cancer. But not deadly. I mean the constellation. The symbol for Cancer is the crab, which will back to its shell if threatened. Home and family are very important to me. I am very homesick, prefer quiet nights at home rather than go out to play. Maybe one day I can become a real estate developers. So it’s a hard thing for me to go college so far. And I’m imagination, there are always hundreds of pictures in my mind. So in my mind every day on the different movies. The Cancer is supposed to be sensitive. I ‘m a typical Cancer. Sensitivity can make me touchy and I can also be very moody.
That’s the whole me. So I hope you will like and support this person who standing in front of you. That’s all .Thank you!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, Junezhao.

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with school assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do,

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Your speech is understandable, though it contains some grammatical mistakes.
We can't correct them until your speech is over, I'm afraid (, but I wouldn't use "homesick" and "imagination").
Good luck, Junezhao!:-D

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I'm glad to hear that.:-D
Keep up the good work!:up:

Junezhao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you,I didn't realize it before.My speech was over,and the result is good.Really thank you for your reminder.

Junezhao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you so much.:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There is no need to write any type of post to say "Thank you". Every post has a "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner. Simply click that button on any post you find useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.