Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Here's the case:

Our company is organizing a VIP reception in which our CEO need to make a speech at first.

The transcript of the opening keynote that I draft is as follows in blue:

Dear Friends and supporters of Chinese Basketball,

Welcome and thank you for joining us today!

It is certainly an honor to be gathering again with our noble guests on such a wonderful night of basketball. This is my very pleasant and cheerful time of a year at which I can see some old Chinese friends and get to know several new partners.

I hereby proudly inform you, my friends, that it’s been 10 years long since our collaboration with CBA started in 2005, which had been proved a very successful decision not only for the mutual benefit but what’s more, for the development of Chinese basketball as well.

Last year I was told that in Chinese the pronunciation of “9” equals long-lasting. This year they say the number “10” is even more meaningful as it is usually used as a symbol of perfection and completion. I believe our partnerships will be surely getting more extension alongside with coming closer to a full mark.

The advancement of the CBA league in recent years firmly convinced me of the bright future of China’s sports industry. I hope we can establish more partnerships all across the industry.

Now please allow me to propose a toast to everyone in attendance here and a fantastic basketball game tonight.

Please help revise and many thanks!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I believe the term you are looking for is ​keynote speech.

Here's the case:

Our company is organizing a VIP reception in which our CEO need to make a speech at first.

The transcript of the opening keynote that I draft is as follows in blue:

Dear Friends and supporters of Chinese basketball,

Welcome, and thank you for joining us today!

It is certainly an honor to be gathering again with our notable guests on such a wonderful night of basketball. This is my very pleasant and cheerful time of a year at which I can see some old Chinese friends and get to know several new partners.

I hereby proudly inform you, my friends, that it’s been 10 years [STRIKE]long[/STRIKE] since our collaboration with CBA started in 2005, and it has proved to be a very successful venture not only for the mutual benefit but what’s more, for the development of Chinese basketball as well.

For whose mutual benefit?

lynma

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I believe the term you are looking for is ​keynote speech.

For whose mutual benefit?

For our company and its marketing parnter, CBA (Chinese Basketball Association).

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
For our company and its marketing partner, CBA (Chinese Basketball Association).

Why not include that in the speech? (It's not very long.)

:)

lynma

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Why not include that in the speech? (It's not very long.)

:)

How do you find if I put it in this way that "not only for the benefit of our company and CBA..."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How do you find if I put it in this way that "not only for the benefit of our company and CBA..."

Say:
not only for the benefit of our company and CBA, but also....

Or just say whatever makes you happy.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.