Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hi everyone,

i need help with a "letter of recommendation". This is my first try, can anybody check if everything is correct? Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------
To Whom It May Concern:

I highly recommend Stephan as a candidate for a position in your company. I found him to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with dedication and a smile. Stephan worked for my Company for almost 4 years. During his time he was responsible for the production monitoring and documentation, including operative responsibility for the performance of the service.

Stephan did an excellent job in this position and was an asset to our organization and demonstrated a deep understanding of his field. He has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is extremely organized, a quick learner, and is able to effectively multi-task to ensure that all projects are completed in a timely manner.

I am without doubt that Stephan will be a valuable employee in your company. I enthusiastically recommend him and wish him the very best for the future.

Sincerely,

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
During his time(service or tenure) he was responsible for the production monitoring and documentation, including operative responsibility for the performance of the service.

responsible for operative responsibility for the performance of the service - this is not clear.

Otherwise it is a well-written letter.

not a teacher

Last edited:

rorschach

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
how i can write this better? "operative performance of the service", " including operative administrating" or "including the operational control of the upcoming tasks" ? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How can I [strike]can[/strike] write this better?

Note my corrections above. Remember to start every sentence with a capital letter and to capitalise "I" every time you write it. Also, look at the correct construction (word order) for a sentence.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I wouldn't use these jargons:
operative adminstering - administration of the operation
operational control of the upcoming tasks - control of the operation of upcoming task (isn't this redundant? What else is the operation for if not to perform tasks)

During his tenure, his responsiblities included
production monitoring and documentation and administration and control of the production operations.

not a teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.