letter of recommendation; help with edit please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdoc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Canada
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit this letter of recommendation for [name] in support of his application to medical school. As a professor in the Psychology department at [name of university], I have had the pleasure of getting to know [name] while he was in two of my courses.

[name] has shown great dedication, keen scientific insight, and a mature perspective. Because of his hard work, he was able to achieve a top mark in my class. His work demonstrates strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity. He was able to take different perspectives to effectively demonstrate his arguments in his essays. His devotion to logic and regular contributions to class discussions were interesting and insightful to both his peers and me as an instructor.

[name] has also shown great leadership during his class facilitation project. His team-mates were pleased to work with him, and his superior organization skills were apparent in the effective scheduling of activities during the facilitation. During the class debate, [name] showed excellent communication skills and teamwork. He took leadership in managing his team and defending them whenever possible. He was courteous and respectful towards his opponents.
I believe that [name]'s abilities gives him the potential to be a great doctor in the future and without doubt make him a great medical student. He will add a great deal to any incoming medical school class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
One thing about the first paragraph. I would say:

... in two of my classes.

You take a course but attend class.(American English.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Say:

a strong work ethic

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Third paragraph. Replace "has also shown" with "showed" or "demonstrated".

That was supposed to be two paragraphs, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.