Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Would you mind helping me to check out these below sentences? Thanks in advance.

Our company established in 2011, we have a 2,000 square meter building of modern architecture with laboratory and offices in Zhongguancun Science Park in Beijing. Our pilot plant is located 10 km south of Gu’an town on National Highway 106, it is about an hour's drive from Beijing office. In addition, we invest almost $20 million to build a GMP factory in Dezhou, Shandong Province, it is about three hours to drive from Beijing, set off from Beijing south station and arrive in Denzhou East station in just over an hour via high-speed train with CRH. The first phase of the project is currently under construction, should be completed by the end of this year, it occupies an area of 100,000 square meters, with two dosage form manufacturing workshop, two pilot and six API manufacturing workshop, total construction area is more than 50,000 square meters.

Since its inception, we have been the sole and reliable manufacturer and exporter of bulk drugs, drugs intermediates and speciality chemicals. We manufacture our own brands as well as under neutral labels as required by the buyers.

Our Clear motto is satisfying the needs of our Customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I think 'was' is missing before 'established' in the title, but I am not a teacher.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Established in 2011, [STRIKE]we have [/STRIKE] our company occupies a 2,000 square meter building of modern architecture with laboratory and offices in Zhongguancun Science Park in Beijing.

I do not undertand the part on 'set off from Beijing' and 'arrive at another city'.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I do not undertand the part on 'set off from Beijing' and 'arrive at another city'.
I take it to mean that it takes over an hour to travel from Beijing to Denzhou by high-speed train, but I am not a teacher.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Our pilot plant is located 10 km south of Gu’an town on National Highway 106,[STRIKE] it is[/STRIKE] about an hour's drive from Beijing office.

In addition, we
are investing (since the project is in progress) almost $20 million to build a GMP factory in Dezhou, Shandong Province, [STRIKE]it is [/STRIKE]about three hours' [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] drive from Beijing.

It (Dezhou) is set off from Beijing south station and arrive in Denzhou East station in just over an hour via high-speed train with CRH.

"Set off from Beiing" and "arrive in Dengzhou" doesn't make sense in the sentence to describe the location of Dezhou.You could just say: ...Dezhou which is three hours' drive from Beijing and just over a hour ride on the high-speed train ([STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] on the CRH?).

What does CRH stand for?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The first phase of the project is currently under construction(,) and should be completed by the end of this year. It occupies an area of 100,000 square meters, with two dosage form manufacturing workshop, two pilot workshops and six API manufacturing workshops. The[STRIKE] total construction[/STRIKE] gross floor area is more than 50,000 square meters.

Since [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] inception, we have been the sole and reliable(1) manufacturer and exporter of bulk drugs, drugs intermediates and speciality chemicals. We manufacture our own brands as well as under neutral labels as required by the buyers.

Our [STRIKE]Clear[/STRIKE] motto is "satisfying the needs of our customers".

1. What do you mean by 'sole manufacturer'? Are you the sole manufacturer in the city/province/country?
Claiming to be reliable needs testimonies and track record and not just saying it yourself.
2. We manufacture under neutral labels - doesn't seem right.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Dezhou which is three hours' drive from Beijing and just over a hour ride on the high-speed train ([STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] on the CRH?).
Denzhou is three hours' drive or just over an hour's ride on a CRH high-speed train from Beijing.

Not a teacher.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Denzhou is three hours' drive or just over an hour's ride on a CRH high-speed train from Beijing.

Not a teacher.

Notice the '...'? It was meant to be the continuation of the sentence which I didn't type out in full.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Did you notice that 'a hour' had been replaced by 'an hour'?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
No, I know I am quite careless at checking.

hedrin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
tedmc and Matthew Wai, Thanks for your help.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My two cents. There is nothing wrong with claiming to be reliable, but being the sole manufacturer or exporter of something is either true or it isn't.

Also, try:

Our motto is that we satisfy the needs of our customers. (Not very original, but there's nothing wrong with it.)

You two (Matthew and tedmec) have done quite well with this one.

(Drugs.com is a good source for anything about drugs.)

:)

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Claiming yourself to be reliable is like blowing your own trumpet, no?
This varies according to culture of course, Asians tend to be more modest when talking about their achievements.
When you talk about being the sole manufacturer or exporter of something, I think you should qualify that by stating the coverage.
The company motto/tagline/slogan/catchphrase which is part of the company's image should be stated verbatim.

Last edited:

mawes12

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Established in 2011, [STRIKE]we have [/STRIKE] our company occupies a 2,000 square meter building

Also, it can probably say our company established in 2011, occupies a 2,000 square meter building. There is no difference, though.

Not a teacher.

Last edited:

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
This varies according to culture of course, Asians tend to be more modest when talking about their achievements.
The people in the OP's country might be modest, but I don't think the companies there behave likewise.

Not a teacher.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
... our company established in 2011, occupies a 2,000 square meter building.
I would put a comma after 'company' and hyphenate '2,000-square-meter', but I am not a teacher.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You cannot say 'our company established in 2011'.
A company is established by people, it doesn't establish by itself.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
You cannot say 'our company established in 2011'.
If a comma is put after 'company', it will mean 'our company, (which was) established in 2011, occupies...', where 'which was' can be omitted.
Not a teacher.
Claiming yourself to be reliable is like blowing your own trumpet, no?
If the teachers here said that their answers were reliable, would you think that they were blowing their own trumpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.