Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Could you please check this grievance letter for any mistakes. I appreciate any help.

I am writing this
grievance letter to express my displeasure and dissatisfaction with the fact that J.H. is currently performing the role of quality checking on the days of his shift. I have been informed that J.H. is unable to carry out any duties that involve heavy manual work due to a injured arm, hence the decision to assign him temporarily to role of quality checking. J.H. also told me that his injury is very serious and he will undergo shoulder surgery.

I have reasons to believe that J.H. is malingering. First of all, quality checking is a role that involves a lot of manual heavy work e.g. moving heavy loaded cages and closing the lids of the cages. I can confirm that this role can be very physically demanding and by no means is it suitable for a person with a serious injury that requires a surgery. The fact that J.H. agreed to preform this role, which is very risky and can cause his already serious condition to deteriorate, leads me to believe that he may be faking an injury in order to avoid being assigned to loading. He actually told me that he is not on very good terms with other workers from the loading crew, and this circumstance leads me to believe that he may be deliberately trying to avoid working with them.

I am convinced that if J.H's medical condition and his apparent shoulder injury was so serious, then he shouldn't be doing any physically demanding work at all, and that includes quality checking.

I also suspect that J.H is being supported in this endeavour by a Team Leader J.S..

I find it very upsetting and deeply unfair that such injustice is allowed to take place in our workplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you please check this grievance letter for any mistakes. I appreciate any help.

I am writing this griev
ance letter to express my displeasure and dissatisfaction with the fact that J.H. is currently performing the role of quality checking [STRIKE]on the days of his shift[/STRIKE] when he is on duty. I have been informed that J.H. is unable to carry out any duties that involve heavy manual work due to an injured arm, hence the decision to assign him temporarily to the role of quality checking. J.H. also told me that his injury is very serious and he will undergo shoulder surgery.

I have [STRIKE]reasons[/STRIKE] reason to believe that J.H. is malingering. First of all, quality checking is a role that involves a lot of manual heavy work e.g. moving heavy loaded cages and closing the lids of the cages. I can confirm that this role can be very physically demanding and by no means is it suitable for a person with a serious injury that requires [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] surgery. The fact that J.H. agreed to [STRIKE]preform[/STRIKE] perform this role, which is very risky and [strike]can[/strike] could cause
his already serious condition to deteriorate, leads me to believe that he may be faking an injury in order to avoid being assigned to loading. He actually told me that he is not on very good terms with other workers from the loading crew, and this [STRIKE]circumstance[/STRIKE] leads me to believe that he may be deliberately trying to avoid working with them.

I am convinced that if J.H's medical condition and his apparent shoulder injury [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were so serious, then he shouldn't be doing any physically demanding work at all, and that includes quality checking.

I also suspect that J.H is being supported in this endeavour by [strike]a[/strike] Team Leader J.S..

I find it very upsetting and deeply unfair that such injustice is allowed to take place in our workplace.

See my suggested amendments above. We don't say that someone needs "a surgery", simply that they "need surgery". Also, even though you have gone on to list more than one reason, the standard phrase is "I have reason to believe ...".

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I am writing[STRIKE] this grievance letter [/STRIKE]to express my displeasure and dissatisfaction...

I know it is a grievance letter but it is better not to say that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.