Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello all.
I am about to leave my company so I prepared a resignation letter. My contract requires me to notice the company one month in advance and the letter is like this:
I am writing to inform you of my resignation from Terrific Company, effective one month from 2/3/2024."
If i write like this, does that mean I will leave on 2/4/2024? I want to leave on 2/3/2024.

Thank you for answering.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, all.

I am about to leave resign from my company job so I have prepared a resignation letter. My contract requires me to notice the company give one month's notice. in advance and the letter is like this:

I am writing to inform you of
I hereby tender my resignation from Terrific Company. effective one month from 2/3/2024." As per the terms of my contract, I am giving one month's notice, effective today, 2nd February 2024. My last day of employment will be 2nd March 2024."

If I write like this that, does that it mean I will leave on 2/4/2024? I want to leave on 2/3/2024.

Thank you for answering.
Your original simply wasn't clear enough. You need to provide all relevant information in something as important as a letter of resignation. Even though the changes I've made above make the letter much longer, they also remove any possible misunderstanding or ambiguity.