Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
I am doing a short film and I must create several accents in english for a couple of roles. Some are more american inspired, some are british inspired. I need native english speakers who "supervise" my vocal performance in terms of having created a realistic, believable accents (Although the speech may be odd due to the nature of the characters). The thing is that I don't want to sound like an idiot trying to do an accent. So, where can I keep posting my recordings so that someone can give me their opinion. Or if there is any forum specifically for Accent and speech I'd appreciate if you share the link.

Thank you,
Evelyn

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You can post things in this section, though the scale of what you're describing sounds like a case for paying for dedicated time with a professional- there are no guarantees on a forum of volunteers that these needs will be met.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Unless you can already pass as a native Anglophone in at least one accent, you are almost certainly going to be disappointed in this effort. Sorry.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am doing a short film and I must create several accents in English for a couple of roles. Some are more American-inspired, some are British-inspired. I need native English speakers who can "supervise" my vocal performance in terms of having created [No a, because accents is plural] realistic, believable accents (although the speech may be odd due to the nature of the characters). The thing is that I don't want to sound like an idiot trying to do an accent. So, where can I keep posting my recordings so that someone can give me an [or: his or her] opinion. Or if there is any forum specifically for accent and speech, I'd appreciate if you'd share the link.

Thank you,
Evelyn

Cool project!

This is a good site for questions about English speech, but it sound like you need more than that. If you're going to imitate accents yourself, Google accent coach or dialect coach.

It would probably be easier to find English speakers who can fill the roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.