Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
hi every one,
i'm an english learner and i prepare for some exams, so i have written some randome paragraphes in order to exercise
would you please check if my text was correct? thanks

In your life, how have you demonstrated, inside and/or outside the classroom, a passion for science, technology, engineering or mathematics?
outside the classrom:
since i was a kid, i always had a passion for science and mathematics, i would always go with my friends to the yard and do funny and weird experiments, we would take a camera and starte recording our experiments, we once flew a paper plane using only ballons, and we also made floating eggs on water only by adding some salt, we did a lot of other fun experiments and we learned a lot from them.
my favorite science is astrology, i love it because it's a mysterious interstent science! during summer, me and my dad would always go up the roof and start drawing stars positions, we did it almost for a week, and every day, defferent and new shining stars would appear wich made me very curious about this science in particuler, in result to this interest, my parents would surprise me in my birthdays with precious gifts, such as magazins about space, books and stories about astronouts and astrology.
inside the classrom, the teachers would always let me present and explain the lessons and do presentations and experiments, i was their favorite student , i was very dynamic in class, i would always ask my teachers questions and discuss subjects with them during the break time, and no matter how hard the exams were, i would always excell at them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you hope to expand your knowledge and grow personally through participating in Space Camp?
Space camp is a very good apportunity for me to gain and learn new skills and technics, i considere it an opportunity to explore branchs of science that are not availabe in my school.
Camps are also a unique opportuinty to build self confidence, and reforce my personality, i would have the ability to make new friends, gain new skills, get along better with other, i would learn to be on my own without someone with me all the time since i'm too dependent on my parents and other people. Space Camp would be a true occasion for me to change my personality!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If selected, what would you do to share your Space Camp experience with classmates, friends and family?
If selected, i would make sur to share my experience with my friends and classmates and even my family!
i would make videos every now and then to explain skills wich i learned in the camp and poste them to my youtube channel.
i would write about my experience and explain it, in my blog so that the whole world can have access to those precious information.
i would also, share my experience and learned skills in Access microscholarship program to motivate my friends to read about science.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everyone.
I'm an English learner and I am [STRIKE]prepare[/STRIKE] preparing for some exams (no comma here) so I have written some [STRIKE]randome[/STRIKE] random paragraphes in order to [STRIKE]exercise[/STRIKE] practise.
Would you please check if my text [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is correct? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my corrections above. It is important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".

As well as not following those rules, there are multiple spelling errors in your paragraphs. Does your computer have a spellcheck? If so, it should have underlined certain words in red. Those words contain errors. See if you can find them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Since I was a kid I have always had a passion for science and mathematics.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Do you know how "paragraphs" is spelled?

Say:

Would you please check to see if my text is correct?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In your life, how have you demonstrated, inside and/or outside the classroom, a passion for science, technology, engineering or mathematics?

Outside the classroom:
Since I was a kid, I always had a passion for science and mathematics. I would always go with my friends to the yard and do funny and weird experiments, and we would take a camera and start recording our experiments. We once flew a paper plane using only balloons, and we also made [STRIKE]floating[/STRIKE] eggs float on water by [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] by adding some salt. we did a lot of other fun experiments, and we learned a lot from them.
My favorite science is astrology. I love it because it's a mysterious [STRIKE]interstent[/STRIKE] and interesting science! During summer, [STRIKE]me and[/STRIKE] my dad and I would always go up the roof and start drawing the positions of stars. [STRIKE]positions,[/STRIKE] We did it almost for a week, and every day, new and different [STRIKE]and new[/STRIKE] shining stars would appear which made me very curious about this science in particular. [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] As a result, [STRIKE]to this interest,[/STRIKE] my parents would surprise me [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on my birthdays with precious gifts, such as magazines about space, or books and stories about astronauts and astrology.

Inside the classroom:
[STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] My teachers would [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] often let me present and explain the lessons and do presentations and experiments. I was [STRIKE]their favorite[/STRIKE] a model student, as I was very dynamic in class and would always ask my teachers questions and discuss subjects with them during [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] break time, and no matter how hard the exams were, I would always excel [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you hope to expand your knowledge and grow personally through participating in Space Camp?

Space camp [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] would be a very good opportunity for me to gain and learn new skills and experience. [STRIKE]technics,[/STRIKE] I consider it an opportunity to explore branches of science that are not available in my school.
Camps are also a unique opportunity to build self confidence and reinforce my personality. I would have the chance [STRIKE]ability[/STRIKE] to make new friends, gain new skills, and get along better with others. I would learn to be on my own [STRIKE]without someone with me all the time[/STRIKE] since I feel that I'm too dependent on my parents and other people. Space Camp would be a [STRIKE]true[/STRIKE] great occasion for me to develop as a person. [STRIKE]change my personality![/STRIKE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If selected, what would you do to share your Space Camp experience with classmates, friends and family?
If selected, I would make sure to share my experience with my friends and classmates and even my family!
I would make videos every now and then to explain the skills which I learned in the camp and post them to my YouTube channel.

Moreover, I would write about my experience and explain it, in my blog so that the whole world can have access to that [STRIKE]those precious[/STRIKE] information.
I would also share my experience and learned skills in the Access microscholarship program to motivate my friends to read about science.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

We would take a camera, and we would record our experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.