Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my sixth attempt at writing in English. Please correct any mistakes that you find.
A blind date

Amanda often uses internet to chat with her friends. She often chat with a person whose nickname is Tallhandsome30. She likes chatting with him because he is smart and fun. They have the same interest. They share about each other, but Amanda has never seen his face. She extremely wants to meet him, but she is shy.

One day, she gets an email. That email belongs Tallhandsome30. Amanda feels curious. She asks herself (that) what he writes. Amanda finally opens it. Tallhandsome30 introduces his real name is mike and asks Amanda if she would like to meet him on Friday. Amanda is excited about their date. She agrees and choose a favorite restaurant. They will first meet at the fountain in front of the restaurant.

Amanda puts on a black dress, a black hat and blond shoes. She is nervous. When Amanda arrives, she sees a man who stands by the fountain, but she can not see his face. He Amanda walks toward the man and says “Mike”. He turns around. Amanda can see his face. She is surprised.

“Amanda Jones” Mike exclaims. He realizes that he knows her. Amanda Jones and Mike Miller dated in high school. They laugh aloud and hug. Sometimes you can find old love too!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is my sixth attempt at writing in English. Please correct any mistakes that you find.
A blind date

Amanda often uses the internet to chat with her friends. She often chats with a person whose nickname is Tallhandsome30. She likes chatting with him because he is smart and fun. They have the same interests. They share things about each other, but Amanda has never seen his face. She [STRIKE]extremely[/STRIKE] very much wants to meet him, but she is shy.

One day, she gets an email. That email[STRIKE] belongs[/STRIKE] is from Tallhandsome30. Amanda [STRIKE]feels[/STRIKE] is curious. She asks herself (that) what he [STRIKE]writes[/STRIKE] has written. Amanda finally opens [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] the mail. Tallhandsome30 introduces his real name [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] as Mike and asks Amanda if she would like to meet him on Friday. Amanda is excited about their date. She agrees and chooses a favorite restaurant. They will first meet at the fountain in front of the restaurant.

Amanda puts on a black dress, a black hat and blond shoes. She is nervous. When Amanda arrives, she sees a man [STRIKE]who stands [/STRIKE] standing by the fountain, but she can not see his face. [STRIKE]He [/STRIKE]Amanda walks toward the man and [STRIKE]says [/STRIKE] calls “Mike”. He turns around. Amanda can see his face. She is surprised.

“Amanda Jones” Mike exclaims. He realizes that he knows her. Amanda Jones and Mike Miller dated in high school. They laugh aloud and hug. Sometimes you can find old love too!(I am not sure what you mean by this expression)

toanhntm

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks for your help. I have some questions to expand my knowlege in my paragraph. Please help me explain it.

A blind date

Amanda often uses the internet to chat with her friends. She often chats with a person whose nickname is Tallhandsome30. She likes chatting with him because he is smart and fun. They have the same interests. They share things about each other, but Amanda has never seen his face. She extremely very much (Why don’t I use “extremely” in case of this?) wants to meet him, but she is shy.

One day, she gets an email. That email belongs is from (Why don’t I ues “belong” in this case?. By the way, Is “in this case and in case of this” the same meaning?) Tallhandsome30. Amanda feels is curious(I thought Amanda feels curious and Amanda is curious is the same, right?). She asks herself (that) what he has written. Amanda finally opens the mail. Tallhandsome30 introduces his real name is as Mike (Don’t I understand your point when “as” replaces “is”) and asks Amanda if she would like to meet him on Friday. Amanda is excited about their date. She agrees and chooses a favorite restaurant. They will first meet at the fountain in front of the restaurant.

Amanda puts on a black dress, a black hat and blond shoes. She is nervous. When Amanda arrives, she sees a man who stands standing by the fountain(She sees a man. He stands by the fountain. I combine them as “She sees a man who stands by the fountain” . Could you explain me “standing”?. Thanks), but she can not see his face. Amanda walks toward the man and calls “Mike”. He turns around. Amanda can see his face. She is surprised.

“Amanda Jones” Mike exclaims. He realizes that he knows her. Amanda Jones and Mike Miller dated in high school. They laugh aloud and hug. Sometimes you can find old love too!(I am not sure what you mean by this expression)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks for your help. I have some questions to expand my knowlege in my paragraph. Please help me explain it.

A blind date

Amanda often uses the internet to chat with her friends. She often chats with a person whose nickname is Tallhandsome30. She likes chatting with him because he is smart and fun. They have the same interests. They share things about each other, but Amanda has never seen his face. She extremely very much (Why don’t I use “extremely” in case of this?)("extremely" does not fit the context; it is a wrong choice of word. "Extremely" is usually followed by an adjective, e.g. she is extremely eager to meet him) wants to meet him​), but she is shy.

One day, she gets an email. That email belongs is from (Why don’t I ues “belong” in this case?. By the way, Is “in this case and in case of this” the same meaning? (When you send someone an email, you do not say the email "belongs to you", but you say "it is from you. In this case or in a case like this. ". Tallhandsome30. Amanda feels is curious(I thought Amanda feels curious and Amanda is curious is the same, rig(OK, you can say feel curious but is curious is better. https://books.google.com/ngrams/gra...url=t1;,feels curious;,c0;.t1;,is curious;,c0.

She asks herself (that) what he has written. Amanda finally opens the mail. Tallhandsome30 introduces his real name is as Mike (Don’t I understand your point when “as” replaces “is”)(You say you introduce someone "as", not "is") and asks Amanda if she would like to meet him on Friday. Amanda is excited about their date. She agrees and chooses a favorite restaurant. They will first meet at the fountain in front of the restaurant.

Amanda puts on a black dress, a black hat and blond shoes. She is nervous. When Amanda arrives, she sees a man who stands standing by the fountain(She sees a man. He stands by the fountain. I combine them as “She sees a man who stands by the fountain” . Could you explain me “standing”?. Thanks"Standing", a participle to qualify "the man", is more appropriate in the context) St, but she can not see his face. Amanda walks toward the man and calls “Mike”. He turns around. Amanda can see his face. She is surprised.

“Amanda Jones” Mike exclaims. He realizes that he knows her. Amanda Jones and Mike Miller dated in high school. They laugh aloud and hug. Sometimes you can find old love too!(I am not sure what you mean by this expression) (please answer my question)

toanhntm

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
A blind date

Amanda often uses the internet to chat with her friends. She often chats with a person whose nickname is Tallhandsome30. She likes chatting with him because he is smart and fun. They have the same interests. They share things about each other, but Amanda has never seen his face. She very much wants to meet him, but she is shy.

One day, she gets an email. That email is from Tallhandsome30. Amanda is curious. She asks herself (that) what he has written. Amanda finally opens the mail. Tallhandsome30 introduces his real name as Mike and asks Amanda if she would like to meet him on Friday. Amanda is excited about their date. She agrees and chooses a favorite restaurant. They will first meet at the fountain in front of the restaurant.

Amanda puts on a black dress, a black hat and blond shoes. She is nervous. When Amanda arrives, she sees a man who standing by the fountain, but she can not see his face. Amanda walks toward the man and calls “Mike”. He turns around. Amanda can see his face. She is surprised.

“Amanda Jones” Mike exclaims. He realizes that he knows her. Amanda Jones and Mike Miller dated in high school. They laugh aloud and hug. Sometimes you can find an old love too!(I am not sure what you mean by this expression) . (This mean when you make an online dating. The person who you date could be a old friend or an old love).

Status
Not open for further replies.