Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Finnish
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
Hi,
is there a way to express this example (written in bold) in a simpler way "The technician often works alone and is the link between the employer, the customer, and the manufacturer and can involve a degree of seniority at the highest level of performance." The example is taken from https://worldskills.org/skills/id/432/. What does it mean?

A high-performing technician is sometimes in a senior position.

Is it possible to express the same idea ("a degree of seniority at the highest level of performance") in a simpler way, using other kinds of expressions, so that the sentence would otherwise remain original?

Is it possible to express the same idea ("a degree of seniority at the highest level of performance") in a simpler way, using other kinds of expressions, so that the sentence would otherwise remain original?
If it's important to retain both pieces of information "a degree of seniority" and "at the highest level of performance", there's not really a way to shorten it. I suppose you could ditch "of performance". Why do you want to shorten something that someone else wrote?

I'm just searching for a way to explain the contents of the sentence to a student in a simpler way. Somehow I find it very difficult :unsure:.

Where I am from "seniority" refers to length of service. However, when they use "degree of seniority" they seem to be talking about level of responsibility.

Where I am from "seniority" refers to length of service. However, when they use "degree of seniority" they seem to be talking about level of responsibility.

Yes, as in the term 'senior management'.

Back