A doctor’s recommendations regarding ..... against employment need to be put in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello again!

Does the below-mentioned sentence make sense and is it acceptable to you?

A doctor’s recommendations regarding contraindications against (somebody's) employment need to be put in place.

I mean that a doctor may have his/her reservations about somebody being able to do a specific job and his/her opinion should be respected and taken into account.

In other words, the person who, according to a doctor, is dissuaded from choosing one kind of job, should take the advice and choose another job, instead.

What's your opinion on that?

Thank you.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello again!

Does the below-mentioned sentence make sense and is it acceptable to you?

A doctor’s recommendations regarding contraindications against (somebody's) employment need to be put in place.

I mean that a doctor may have his/her reservations about somebody being able to do a specific job and his/her opinion should be respected and taken into account.

In other words, the person who, according to a doctor, is dissuaded from choosing one kind of job, should take the advice and choose another job, instead.

What's your opinion on that?

Thank you.

"A doctor’s recommendations regarding contraindications against (somebody's) employment need to be put in place. It's not entirely clear what you are trying to say. My best guess is: "The doctors recommendations regarding contraindications against someone being employed in a certain kind of job, should be taken into consideration".

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I meant to say that "A doctor’s recommendations regarding contraindications against (somebody's) employment need to be carried out/followed/obeyed".

Status
Not open for further replies.