Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Native Language
Finnish
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
This is a writing task from writeandimprove.com.
I checked it already with all possible free online tools and fixed the biggest issues.
Writeandimprove says Level is C1 and got a full score of writing about the question.

Is there anything I can do to improve my writing?

You are a volunteer at an international summer school for young children. The director of the summer school has asked for suggestions about how to help the children learn more about food, and you have decided to submit a proposal. You should briefly describe two activities that could help the children to learn more about food, explaining why you think these activities would be particularly effective.

Write your proposal in 220 – 260 words in an appropriate style.

Teaching children about food is an important part of protecting them from developing eating disorders. Nowadays, the media is trying to frighten us by telling us how dangerous some food is. Then, tomorrow, they will change their opinion and tell us it is actually healthy. Such activities are likely to pollute the minds of more sensitive people.

It is important to teach children about healthy eating from an early age.
Absoluteness is the most dangerous. A good rule of thumb is 80/20: eat healthily 80% of the time and indulge the other 20%. Mostly, that means one day a week we can eat some candy, chips, hamburgers, etc. However, moderation must be remembered in everything.

I have two activities to teach children to appreciate food.
The first was that we would cook together. Not too fancy, but easy, healthy, and tasty. Most important is that it must be locally produced.

The second activity is that we will visit local food production farms. It would be suitable for children to see where their food comes from their plates. Lastly, each child is given a live chicken, which they can butcher with their bare hands and make a meal from that. This is how they learn that it sucks to be a chicken when there are hungry people around.

Status
Not open for further replies.