Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am out of sync wherever I starts speaking in englisg. may be my grammar section is weak. before speaking english sometimes I need to convert sentence in my mother tongue. . then after I m able to speak.. bt I really want to become good in english because it looses my confidence. . please help me.. thanks..

Last edited:

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Freebird:

1. I think that the first thing to do is always capitalize the word "English."

2. Also, always check a good dictionary before posting. "Sink" should be "sync"; "grammer" should be "grammar"; and "week" should be "weak."

3. Don't feel bad about thinking in Hindi before speaking English. I believe that many people think in their first language before speaking in a foreign language. Little by little, you will not have to do that.

4. Immerse (surround) yourself as much as possible in English. Do English-speaking tourists visit your city? I have read that young people often offer to help tourists in exchange for the opportunity to practice their English.

5. Above all: READ English every day. And read it out loud to yourself.

James

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am [STRIKE]out of sync[/STRIKE] uncomfortable [STRIKE]wherever[/STRIKE] whenever I [STRIKE]starts[/STRIKE] start speaking in English. [STRIKE]may be[/STRIKE] It might be because my grammar [STRIKE]section[/STRIKE] is weak. Sometimes, before speaking English, [STRIKE]sometimes[/STRIKE] I need to convert sentences into my mother tongue [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] and after that I'm able to speak. [STRIKE]bt[/STRIKE] I really want to become good [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at English because it [STRIKE]looses[/STRIKE] would help my confidence. Please help me. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Even though your question is about speaking English, it is important for you to understand the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

The answer to your question simply lies in practice. The more you speak, the more confident you will become. Find a native English speaker to practice with. Find a local language group. Listen to an English-speaking radio station whenever you can. Try to watch TV broadcast in English. As The Parser said, simply reading aloud in your own home can help. Almost everybody translates sentences into their native language when they first start using a foreign language.

Giant

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
This is natural, you may call it as hesitation. If you want to be a good English speaker (or even writer) just jump into it. We all make mistakes but we should better learn from them until we become perfect.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.