Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
My husband is so busy with his work that he never has time to accompany me/to keep me company.

Do both phrase work for this sentence?

Many thanks.

My husband is so busy with his work that he never has time to accompany me/to keep me company.

Do both phrase work for this sentence?

Many thanks.

It depends on the context.

Thanks, bhai. If there's no context referring to them going somewhere, then 'accompany' can't be used here, is that so?

Yes – that is so.

Rover

Now in this below context, can we still use both? Thank you again?

My husband was so busy with his work that he never had time to accompany me/to keep me company.As a result, I decided to pursue something that could satisfy my empty mind.
(The next paragraph is about my finding voluntary work looking in an old people's home.)

Last edited:
I feel we should use 'spend time with me' to replace the underlined part because either of the two phrase fits in. Am I right?
Thanks again.

Keep me company = spend time with me.

I feel we should use 'spend time with me' to replace the underlined part because either of the two phrase fits in. Am I right?
Thanks again.

It's possible, but you'd be repeating time. How about something like My husband was so busy with his work that he never had any time to spend with me.

It's certainly possible for someone to accompany you but, at the same time, not keep you company. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back