An information approach or an informative approach??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertBel

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Now I am not sure of the difference between these two expressions. If there is any: "An information approach" or "an informative approach".

On the face of it "An information approach" doesn't make much sense. What is the context?

On the face of it "An information approach" doesn't make much sense. What is the context?
After a brief paragraph as an explanation or introduction to a subject, I need to express that it is just an approach to it. An information approach?

I consider it a synopsis instead of an approach, but I am not a teacher.

@AlbertBel: Can you show us the sentence you have in mind? ;-)

@AlbertBel: Can you show us the sentence you have in mind? ;-)
Well, a paragraph displaying some information about the usual requirements to become a doctor, as an introduction. Then an additional paragraph would explain that the information above was just an approach to the complete information, which could be accessed through a link.

Do you mean the brief information is a hyperlink to the complete information?

"was just an introduction to the complete information, which could be accessed through a link."

"was just an introduction to the complete information, which could be accessed through a link."
Ok, introduction to the complete information. But the problem is that the complete information is different in some parts and details, so perhaps "introduction" would not be the exact term to define it. What about "... just a general description of..."?

I think "introduction" is fine. No, "information approach" is not correct English.

I think "introduction" is fine. No, "information approach" is not correct English.
And "... just a general description of..."?

Yes, that's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back