Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There's no way to verify the accuracy of the transcripts without listening to the corresponding words. Are you really asking us to listen to nearly 25 minutes of a conversation and verify the accuracy of every word?!?

Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination. I suggest you pick just a few excerpts you question, not the entire podcast!

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
There's no way to verify the accuracy of the transcripts without listening to the corresponding words. Are you really asking us to listen to nearly 25 minutes of a conversation and verify the accuracy of every word?!?

Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination. I suggest you pick just a few excerpts you question, not the entire podcast!
00:01:24

I would say stink bomb. But I went to a boys school where it just feels like Boris has dropped this stink bomb in the room and the smell just won't go away. And so even though we are now two prime ministers on from Boris Johnson, the after odor, the whiff is still there. And Nadhim Zahawi just feels like a throwback when you read that report from Rishi Sunak Ethics Advisor, you know, where on seven different counts, it looks like Nadhim Zahawi is guilty and there are no mitigating factors. It really left Rishi Sunak no choice. And I don't think he wanted to have a choice, frankly.

Is that episode correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
00:01:24

I would say stink bomb - but I went to a boys school - where it just feels like Boris has dropped this stink bomb in the room and the smell just won't go away. And so even though we are we're now two prime ministers on from Boris Johnson, the after odor, the whiff, is still there. And Nadhim Zahawi just feels like a throwback. When you read that report from Rishi Sunak's Ethics Advisor, you know, where on seven different counts, it looks like Nadhim Zahawi is guilty and there are no mitigating factors, it really left Rishi Sunak no choice. And I don't think he wanted to have a choice, frankly.

Is that episode correct?
As you can see above, I disagree with some of their punctuation. Also, they wrote "we are" instead of "we're" and they missed the possessive apostrophe+s off "Sunak's". Other than that, all the words in the transcript are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.