Iran
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if these sentences are true. I would appreciate if you help me
1- from an individual point of view
2- when it comes to taking responsibility
3- it might be the question of differences in personality traits
4- when this phenomenon results in preventing countries from development

I used them in the following essay for writing task 2

These days people prefer not to get married in many countries in all around the world. It is true that there are some advantages; however, the drawbacks of this phenomenon outweigh the benefits.
From an individual point of view, firstly everyone has freedom to choose his/her lifestyle. By choosing living alone, people may feel free to live any way they intend to. Secondly, when it comes to taking responsibility in a family, many people may prefer to live without any responsibility which might make them happier. For example, they can go everywhere they want as well as having relation with everyone the want without any limitation. Finally, it might be the question of differences in personality traits which make it more difficult for people to find someone who can live with for a long time. In some cases, these differences lead to divorce which has serious impacts on children.
Although there might be some positive points, if we look at this from society aspect, the drawbacks are much more than benefits. Families are considered as a cornerstone societies which means without a strong and well-organized families, there is no thriving society. Children must be nurtured in families correctly if there are supposed to play a positive role in society. Moreover, some countries suffer from decrease in population which leads to lack of workforce, hence negative impacts on development of countries. Consequently, in long term, when this phenomenon results in preventing countries from development, side effects of it will return to all people.
In conclusion, I would argue that the disadvantages of living alone is much more than the advantages.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Are you going to submit this essay for marking/grading?

samnet3805

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
no i'm not. just added the essay to add more information about sentences which are mentioned.
I was wondering if anyone can help me to know if those sentences are true
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Are you going to submit this essay for marking/grading?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What was the given essay question that you wrote this in response to?

Status
Not open for further replies.