Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are these you looking for?

Is this correct?

Your post does not make sense, I'm afraid. Your title contains a spelling error and your main sentence isn't grammatical. Can you tell us what you are trying to say in another way?

Your post does not make sense, I'm afraid. Your title contains a spelling error and your main sentence isn't grammatical. Can you tell us what you are trying to say in another way?

I sent some files via email to someone and I am not sure whether the files meets his requirement or not so I asked:
Are these you looking for?

I understand alternatively I can also ask: Are you looking for these files?​

Last edited:
If you have already sent them, you could ask "Are those the files you were waiting/looking for?"

If you have already sent them, you could ask "Are those the files you were waiting/looking for?"

Can I say that we can mix present continuous and past continuous in a single sentence?

Can I say that we can mix present continuous and past continuous in a single sentence?
You can mix any tenses you like in a sentence, as long as it makes sense and is grammatical.
"I'm bringing you the files you were looking for."

Suppose we are sending an email with attachments and we are not sue whether the files are correct or not. Can we ask in a following way?

Are these the files you were looking for?

My doubt is: should we use these or those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back