Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Great Britain
Both the above are standard in their respective contexts.

(The second could also have omitted 'an'.)

They have different meanings. If you use the indefinite article an, you're referring to a particular auction. Without the article, the phrase at auction merely expresses the means by which something is sold.

Alright thanks for your explanations. I think I got it now.

[STRIKE]Alright[/STRIKE] All right. Thanks for your explanations. I think I've got it now.

Please note my corrections above.

Please note my corrections above.
Thank you for correcting it, but I wrote them knowing full well that they were not exactly "correct".
I know that the correct form is "all right" but I often shorten it to "alright". Or "I got" instead of "I've got". It's mostly my laziness, not that I don't know how to spell them.

Thank you for correcting it, but I wrote them knowing full well that they were not exactly "correct".
I know that the correct form is "all right" but I often shorten it to "alright". Or "I got" instead of "I've got". It's mostly my laziness, not that I don't know how to spell them.

You can do that in your private writing but please don't do it on this forum. We encourage all users to use correct, grammatical English at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back