Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi. Good afternoon.

Are the below sentences correct?

1. I am in home cooking with my mother in the kitchen.
2. A friend of mine waiting for me at my home. (E.g. outside home, somewhere close).
3. I am in house cooking with my mother in the kitchen.
4. A friend of mine waiting for me at my house. (E.g. outside house, somewhere close).

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. [STRIKE]Good afternoon.[/STRIKE]

Are the sentences below [STRIKE]sentences[/STRIKE] correct?

1. I am [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at home, cooking with my mother in the kitchen.
2. A friend of mine is waiting for me at my home. (E.g. outside home, somewhere close).
3. I am in my house, cooking with my mother in the kitchen.
4. A friend of mine is waiting for me at my house. (E.g. outside house, somewhere close).

[STRIKE]Thank you.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the Thank button.

I have corrected 1 and 3 so they are grammatical and make sense.
I have added a missing word to 2 and 4 but they don't make sense with the words you have put in brackets afterwards. If she is waiting at your home, she is not outside or somewhere close. She is in your house. You might mean something like "My friend was waiting for me just around the corner from my house". What do you think?

And in addition to emsr2d2's response, I don't think "in the kitchen" is really necessary.

And in addition to emsr2d2's response, I don't think "in the kitchen" is really necessary.

Also, they're not the most natural way of saying it. I'd say something like "I'm cooking at home with my mum" or "I'm cooking with my mum at home". Actually, having written that out, I realise I'd be unlikely to just use "I'm cooking". I'd say either "I'm doing some cooking ..." or "I'm making brownies/risotto/curry ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back