Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Mongolian
Home Country
Mongolia
Current Location
Germany
I want someone chooses the convenient one from the suggested (by me) places/cafes in different areas. How can I express it polite, but not too formal way.

I suggest you different places at your convenience. - Does it make any sense?

:hi: - welcome, tsbalja.

'I want someone to choose...' But the way you use adjectives is unusual - not out-and-out wrong, but hard to understand in this context; well, 'the convenient one' is not wrong; 'the suggested' is, though 'choose from those suggested' would be OK in formal writing. And 'at your convenience' sounds very formal - which is not what you want.

So I think you need to break your text up into two sentences - something like

There are lots of good cafés and other places to choose from, and I suggest any of these: ...<your list>. But it's up to you; you choose whichever one suits you best.

(I am among those teachers who don't mind starting a sentence with 'But'. In informal writing, though, I don't think anyone would object. :))

b

Thank you Bob, I am glad that I joined this forum.

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Tsbalja:

I think that here in the United States, there are different informal ways to express your sentence.

Tom: There are three good movies playing tonight.

Mona: Well, which one should we go to?

Tom: It's your call.

Mona: Well, then let's go see "Grammar is Fun."

Tom: I have heard that it is boring.

Mona: Listen, Tom. You did say that it was up to me.

Tom: You're right. I did say that it was up to you. OK. Let's leave early in order to get good seats. The theater will probably

be packed with people eager to see a film about grammar.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back