[General] Best ressources: books/videos/websites for mastering english grammar and writing?

• Thread starter chr0710
  • Start date
  • Views : 4,449
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chr0710

Hi,
I'm fluent in English speaking and understand it very well, but I don't know and understand the underlying structure/grammatic rules, and would love to learn this to upgrade my language for screenwriting or writing books. What websites would be good to start out? I learn by doing lot's of exercise and seeing a lot of examples.

Also what books would be good to read - books that have good grammar, vocabulary and that are good at describing scenarios/scenes/peoples moods and actions? Shakesphere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Donna Norton

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
United States
Hey,
You may try Cambridge's "Advanced Grammar in Use" or Oxford's "Practical English Usage". As aguide to clearer and more fluent writing - Sir Ernest Gowers, "The Complete Plain Words". I think English learning resources such as Cambridge, Oxford or BBC are the most reliable.
I also found this blog post on the chepest textbooks to get online (smart.study/blog/best-10-sites-to-buy-cheap-textbooks-online/), in case you will need one. Good luck!

C

chr0710

Hey,
You may try Cambridge's "Advanced Grammar in Use" or Oxford's "Practical English Usage". As aguide to clearer and more fluent writing - Sir Ernest Gowers, "The Complete Plain Words". I think English learning resources such as Cambridge, Oxford or BBC are the most reliable.
I also found this blog post on the chepest textbooks to get online (smart.study/blog/best-10-sites-to-buy-cheap-textbooks-online/), in case you will need one. Good luck!

Thank you very much Donna, Really appreciate the help. The books look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.