Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi,

Transcribing a YouTube video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4Lr-qyn1o

There are three parts of this video I could not quite make out, and again I would much appreciate any suggestions to help figure them out.

The first one is a short utterance by the tall guy in red shirt - between 0:31 to 0:33

I think it's something like "I want it to be like, high," but this is a wild guess as no part of his utterance was clear to me.

The second one comes somewhere in between 1:24 and 1:27.
"Well, we have a winner, my man."

Is this right? I... don't think it is.

The last one is where the same guy says something along the lines of "So how's it about we see it at 20 miles an hour?" at 1:39.
At least here I hear something here, unlike the first two. However, I do not know whether "how's it about" is a proper expression.

Thank you.

- HKB

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi,

There are three parts of this video I could not quite make out, and again I would much appreciate any suggestions to help figure them out.

The first one is a short utterance by the tall guy in red shirt - between 0:31 to 0:33

I think it's something like "I want it to be like, high," but this is a wild guess as no part of his utterance was clear to me.

The last word is unintelligible. I agree with your guess, but the final word may be either high or hot.

Is this right? I... don't think it is. Sounds exactly right to me.

The last one is where the same guy says something along the lines of "So how's it about we see it at 20 miles an hour?" at 1:39.
At least here I hear something here, unlike the first two. However, I do not know whether "how's it about" is a proper expression. Just leave out the "it" and you've got it: "So how's about we see it at 20 miles an hour?":

Thank you.

- HKB

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

He's starting to say, "I want to know, like ha..." but the rest is cut off. We can't know the rest of the sentence.

Is this right? I... don't think it is.

It is.

At least here I hear something here, unlike the first two. However, I do not know whether "how's it about" is a proper expression.

"So how's about we see it at twenty miles an hour?"

It's informal conversational English. We say the same thing in the U.S: "How's about you and me go for a walk?" Grammatically, it's nonsense, but if we all know what it means, then it's not nonsense, is it?

Thank you.

- HKB

Thanks for the entertaining video!

Status
Not open for further replies.