Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hello,

I am to write references in Chicago style.

Is there a difference between references (at the end of a module) written in Chicago style and bibliographies written in Chicago style?

Was I able to do it correctly?

References (at the end of a module) written in Chicago style:
Department of Education. 2014. Mathematics – Grade 9 Learner’s Material. 1st ed. Quezon City: Book Media Press, Inc.

Ponsones, Rigor B., Shirlee R. Ocampo, and Regina M. Tresvalles. 2017. Math Ideas and Life Application. 2nd ed. Quezon City: Abiva Publishing House, Inc.

Bibliographies written in Chicago style:
Department of Education. Mathematics – Grade 9 Learner’s Material. 1st ed. Quezon City: Book Media Press, Inc., 2014

Ponsones, Rigor B., Shirlee R. Ocampo, and Regina M. Tresvalles. Math Ideas and Life Application. 2nd ed. Quezon City: Abiva Publishing House, Inc., 2017

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
1. Is this homework, mamon? We can't help with homework.

2. It appears that in all the citations the first author is given in surname first format, while the other authors are cited surname last. That is not inconceivable, but it would be highly unusual.

mamen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
1. Is this homework, mamon? We can't help with homework.
No, sir. This is not a homework.

I am currently writing a module and we are required to write the bibliographies in Chicago style. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am to write bibliographies in Chicago style.

Are you writing a book?

Do I still have to include the edition(s) of the books?

I would. (Why "still"?)

[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] which of the following were correctly done?

Isn't that in the manual? What does it say?

Is there a specific format?

Yes. Chicago style.

mamen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
I am to write bibliographies in Chicago style.

Are you writing a book?

I am just writing a self learning module. It is not a book.

Isn't that in the manual? What does it say?

I don't have the manual. I just tried searching but I got confused. There is a chicago style for references (at the end of the module) and there's also a chicago style for bibliographies. I don't know which to follow.

I just used these two:
Department of Education. 2014. Mathematics – Grade 9 Learner’s Material. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] ed. Quezon City: Book Media Press, Inc.

Ponsones, Rigor B., Shirlee R. Ocampo, and Regina M. Tresvalles. 2017. Math Ideas and Life Application. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] ed. Quezon City: Abiva Publishing House, Inc.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It looks good to me.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. People don't usually pay much attention to those sorts of things.

Fidel Miller

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
United States
Hello,

I am to write references in Chicago style.

Is there a difference between references (at the end of a module) written in Chicago style and bibliographies written in Chicago style?

Was I able to do it correctly?

References (at the end of a module) written in Chicago style:
Department of Education. 2014. Mathematics – Grade 9 Learner’s Material. 1st ed. Quezon City: Book Media Press, Inc.

Ponsones, Rigor B., Shirlee R. Ocampo, and Regina M. Tresvalles. 2017. Math Ideas and Life Application. 2nd ed. Quezon City: Abiva Publishing House, Inc.

Bibliographies written in Chicago style:
Department of Education. Mathematics – Grade 9 Learner’s Material. 1st ed. Quezon City: Book Media Press, Inc., 2014

Ponsones, Rigor B., Shirlee R. Ocampo, and Regina M. Tresvalles. Math Ideas and Life Application. 2nd ed. Quezon City: Abiva Publishing House, Inc., 2017

I also need help with admission, as I am now planning to enter a good business school and for this I need to find a good tutor or a person who understands admission to the MBA program. At the moment I am busy writing an application for admission to this program and on the site mbaadmissionscoach.com/ I find quite good theoretical help in this. Preparing for admission to the Harvard MBA program is a long and difficult process, like any other business school worth applying to. I understand this and ask you to help me with this as well.
It seems to me that you've done everything correctly.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Rather than

"Was I able to do it correctly?"