Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Poland
Can someone help me with my conditional sentences? I have doubts if my answers are correct so i would be grateful if anyone could check it. Cheers!
my answers are in capitals

1. What WOULD we do if we(meet) MET him then?
2.(be) WERE I you, I wouldn't bother to answer his letter
3. But for his help, we WOULDN'T ever ACHIVE such a succes.
4.If she IS (be) generally an honest person, she wouldn't have agreed to cheating her own parents.
5. If he WERE indeed ill, why did I se him playing soccer this morning?
6. HAD I (realize) REALIZED that he was dead. I would have called the mortuary.
7. HAD I (be) BEEN a godmother, which is rather unlikely, I (have to marry) would have had marry in church before the christening comes.
8. I wish you (stop eating) WOULD STOP EATING so many sweets.
9. It's high time you(decide) DECIDED about your future.
10. You'd better (decide) DECIDE about your future as soon as possible, or it may be too late.
11. I'd rather you (decide) TO DECIDE about your future now!

What is the purpose of this exercise? What will you do with it when you know the correct answers?

It looks like homework, which we don't do.

First of all, it's not a homework, I graduated years ago. Secondly, i'm not a native speaker and I try to learn English grammar on my own, I found this exercises in my old English notes and tried to do it. I don't have the key because it was years ago and I don't have anyone nearby to check it for me if it is right. Anyway, thanks for help. :)

Can someone help me with my conditional sentences? I have doubts if my answers are correct so i would be grateful if anyone could check it. Cheers!
my answers are in capitals

1. What WOULD we do if we(meet) MET him then? :tick:

2.(be) WERE I you, I wouldn't bother to answer his letter Although "Were I you" is acceptable, it's a very unusual construction. It would be far more natural to use "If I were you, ..."

3. But for his help, we WOULDN'T ever ACHIEVE such a success. :tick: (Note the spelling corrections.)

4.If she IS (be) generally an honest person, she wouldn't have agreed to cheating her own parents. :cross: If she WERE generally ... (subjunctive)

5. If he WERE indeed ill, why did I see him playing soccer this morning? :tick: (Note the spelling correction.)

6. HAD I (realize) REALIZED that he was dead. I would have called the mortuary. :tick:

7. HAD I (be) BEEN a godmother, which is rather unlikely, I (have to marry) would have had to marry in church before the christening comes. :tick: (Note that you omitted a word.)

8. I wish you (stop eating) WOULD STOP EATING so many sweets. :tick:

9. It's high time you(decide) DECIDED about your future. :tick:

10. You'd better (decide) DECIDE about your future as soon as possible, or it may be too late. :tick:

11. I'd rather you (decide) TO DECIDE about your future now! :cross: I'd rather you decided about your future now!

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back