Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Danish
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
United States
Hi! I had a question regarding the correct sentence form regarding a show a friend and I were watching and having to say “They just came out with a new episode.” Would it be better to say “They just had a new episode come out?”

I’m not sure which verb form would be best and if the syntax is quite right.

The first one is fine.

Hi! I had have a question regarding the correct sentence form regarding about a show a friend and I were watching. and having to Can I say “They just came out with a new episode”, or would it be better to say “They just had a new episode come out”?

I’m not sure which verb form would be best and if the syntax is quite right.
I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say. Can you explain your sentence please?

I'd say "A new episode just came out".

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, either. Who is 'they'? The producers?

As well as emsr2d2's suggestion, you might simply want to say: There's a new episode out.

Welcome to the forum, egreen43.

You'll always get better answers from us if you give us as much context as possible about your questions.

How about:

They have just come up with a new episode?

How about:

They have just come up with a new episode?
I don't think so. In fact, that's in the nature of an incomplete thought. I would expect the whole thing to be something like "They have just come up with an idea for a new episode."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back